Are you scoping a new applications project and think Dynamics 365 could be all or part of the solution?
Starting a Dynamics CRM or Dynamics 365 Project can be a daunting task even for the most experienced decision maker. All your research might indicate that Dynamics 365 is a good fit for your business, but if you don’t know enough about the benefits, pitfalls and how it fits with your business, how can you be sure it’s the route you really want to go down?
You might be considering some of the following points?
- Maybe you’ll need to use a few in-house business analysts to do some configuration.
- Some bits may look complex so maybe some you need some .NET developers involved too?
- Should you start with Waterfall methodology or Agile or SureStep or a Human Centred Design approach?
- What training do you need?
- Fixed Price or Time and Materials?
- What licences should you buy?
- On-Premise or Cloud?
- Maybe you should go out to tender, but what if you don’t frame the requirements correctly? Should we get some training first?
- Is offshoring Dynamics 365 consultancy a good idea – can it be achieved remotely?
Continue reading “10 Types of Dynamics 365 Project for IT Decision Makers”
If you need to install Dynamics CRM 2013 in an environment without internet access, you may prefer to install some of the Dynamics CRM 2013 pre-requisites manually before running Setupserver.exe. The main problem in the past has been, how do I find them?
Well courtesy of Fiddler2, here are the URLs CRM 2013 pings for the some of the pre-req files. This is based on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server, which has had CRM installed on it before, so there may be some missing here. If there are any missing that you need, please let me know and I will add to the table.
Continue reading “Dynamics 2013 Required Components Direct download links”
Today I spent some time trying to track down an error with a fresh install of the Dynamics CRM 2011 311 Portal Accelerator. Having spent a fair amount of time setting it up on a VM and wanting to bulk out the content a bit, I discovered that when trying to edit content from the Front End, I was getting various errors, such as :
- An error has occurred while saving your content. Your changes have not been saved.
- An error has occurred while loading content required for this feature.
Continue reading “Unable to edit content from Front End using Dynamics CRM Portal 311 Accelerator”
When starting to learn a new product or technology, the first place I always go to get a feel for what I’m in for are the forums and blogs. Rather than believing the hype of the official training courses or marketing material (lies!), the real value is in the experience you get from using the product to do something in the real world.
With that in mind, here are 10 tips for Microsoft Dynamics CRM you are unlikely to find in the official documentation.
Continue reading “10 Dynamics CRM 2011 Tips for Beginners (and maybe some Pros)”